Friday 16 January 2009

Relations - part 2 - Boyfriend

Well.. I am sure the topic has definitely brought a few 'oohs' and 'aahs' to some people's minds... If you are wondering why I am going into a tangent after my initial post on my brother, all I can say is that I wanted to try my hand at fiction!!!
So what is it that makes opposite sexes attract? For all you may know, you would have studied together in the same school, or have lived together in the same neighbourhood, or have been good family friends for a long time;and then suddenly the same person who was your friend for so long, is very attractive.You find yourself noticing him and want to being noticed by him.All your thoughts revolve around him.And then the best thing happens when you realise he has the same feelings for you..wow...you become officially labelled as girlfriend and boyfriend and life goes on.
Or you have this guy in class who is extremely attractive (only to you..).For the others he is just another normal person.There is something about him that you find intrigued about.He is of the same wavelength as you are and thus both of you end up being in the same group that hang out together.And then something works out; somehow he knows and you know that he knows.... you start being together for most of your time.You meet on weekends, do shopping aka you do the shopping while he waits patiently, watch movies, eat icecream, go for walks, have coffee, and yeah... talk over the phone for hours (gosh.. I almost missed that one out).
Or it might be just that you like someone at work...you do all the crazy stuff that you did in college... and more crazy stuff as well..(ahem.. ahem).
However the feeling of being in a relation and having a boyfriend is unique.Small things seem very important.Doing small things bring the greatest of pleasure.It might be just a walk-date, or just another coffee-date, but you look forward to it with so much enthusiasm and excitement.You speak nonsense and try getting words (yes...the magical words that mean total commitment) from each others mouths.Time seems to fly when you are together and before you realise you are late getting back home and have to cook up some story about late tuitions....Then there are the break ups and all the crying and trying to forget.You wonder why you got into all this.Things that seemed rosy then look ugly now.You swear to yourself that you have had enough with "them' all.You curse him and justify the things that you did.
Then you meet this really interesting guy, who is extremely cute and there it starts again.....
Disclaimer : All the characters above are fictitious and bear no resemblance to anyone living or dead.

6 comments:

Nithya said...

Trust me - those days used to FUN!!
Its a completely different feeling! And specially when its mutual - it feels amazing!!

Daddy-Mummy said...

Dearest Rash, this piece is really fascinating oozing with full of imagination and romantic feelings. I(Daddy) reminded of my youth when I always used to feel jealous of guys walking with girl friends with so much pride that I always felt inferior to them.Every night I would take a wow that I would find a girl friend next day. The next day comes and as usual I, with all fears and hesitation would postpone it to another next day and once again take a wow that I would find one girl friend the next day. Like this I spent 3 years of my college life in a famous college known for romance and of course education, the famous Madras Presidency Colege.The funniest thing is that I did not even speak to the three girls in my class even once during the three years course. But, the floating feeling of being in love makes wonders in a youth but only a few are blessed with such opportunities. Having loved and lost is better than never having been loved at all. Like me, every one will remember their youth. You have really fired the imagination of all. Keep it up. God bless you

Rashmi said...

@Nithya - yeah.. and I remember how it was too.. (sigh)... those were some days.
@Dad - ha ha ha.. daddy never knew you had so much with you.. Mom, just look at the line - having loved and lost is better than never having been loved at all...Dad, you are a budding poet...and I really think you shoudl start off writing a blog of your own.

Unknown said...

oh! didnt realise you updated the blog twice already this week! good going.
Very much like uncle, I was the really good boy in school...although i never felt jealous at all. Just didn't realise what the big deal was. Come to think of it, coz I didn't get labelled as someones boyfriend, I think i had more friends who were girls, than most people did. Which makes me think if that was a good thing or a bad thing?? I mean when you're in school and when there's absolutely no need to be faithful and committed why bog yourself with just one when you can have them all?? (and i'm taking in the ice-cream/go for a walk / watch a movie sense)...hmmm....is that wrong??hmm...(again) i don't know rashmi...maybe it's a topic of discussion then next time round i visit you guys and spend a whole day eating the lovely food you make...point to note.
- A confused me at 01:15 hrs on a saturday night.

Ramesh G said...

rappi toooooo nice, imagination running wild on what would have been done and NBOT what had been done ...
Yes the feeling of having a (Opposite) friend is something like a stabilising factor. me having been thro, an Engg college never thought of one Girl friend eventhough i had many...friends.. yes the topic of intense discussions those days during lunch breaks or a good part of combiled studies is the juicey Gossips( it was not thouht so then)

rashmi I was waiting to see at the bottom of your writing that you now have a v v good boy friend.. Niv listening..

Sangeetha Mugunthan said...

It is one hell of a roller coaster ride!